Toram Online begins by offering the player six types of weapons. A player is given a choice of Halberd, One Handed Sword, Bow, Staff, Katana, and Knuckles/Fists at the beginning of the game. As the player ventures further into the game more weapons become available to them.

Main Weapons 1-Handed Sword Comes with Blade Skills.

Chiefly impacted by DEX, influencing attack speed and damage. STR somewhat increases their damage, but with no effect on attack speed. Worth noting is that sword users make the best tanks, as placing points in VIT increases both DEF, MDEF and HP the most with both 1-handed and 2-handed sword users.

1H sword users are the most flexible class in the game due to their balance and how many sub-weapons compliment it.

1H sword users create the best tanks, as noted with the stats above along with shields equipped.

1H sword users are deadly with knuckles as their sub-weapon. Combined with the martial skill Triple Kick, it forms the base of the popular damage build known as Sword Fu.

1H sword users can equip Magic Devices, although not causing any stat changes, it does assist skills popularly borrowed from the Magic Skill Tree such as by cutting MP Charge in half and increases the range for Magic: Impact, for those who find it valuable.

Finally, it can be used by itself, but it is recommended that they be used with daggers, as daggers are invisible, can contribute damage (with dagger skills), and their special stats do add to the user.

At level 30, 1h sword users can unlock a library skill tree Dual Sword Skills, allowing the player to equip another 1h sword as their subweapon and drastically altering their stats. The sword on each hand becomes influenced by DEX and AGI respectively, attack speed is drastically increased and new skills can be unlocked in conjunction with their old Blade Skills. However, this is considered an advanced class as it comes at the cost of accuracy, critical rate and a secondary auto attack with a long cooldown.

Referred to as '1H' in-game.


Comes with Magic Skills.

Chiefly impacted by INT, magic users are primarily glass cannons who big damage in a short time. Their skills take the most time to use before firing, which can be decreased by adding points to DEX. VIT is the most useless stat for them, as it barely will increase their HP, so it will be better to invest in AGI to help them dodge.

Staves have the same influence on Magic skills as Magic Devices, so equipping a magic device as a sub-weapon will act as nothing but decoration.

As listed above with 1-Handed Sword users, Staff users can be equipped with either dagger for offence or with shields that increase defence at the cost of speed.

And just like above, staff users can also equip knuckles as a sub-weapon, adapting its special stats but not it's attack. It is the foundation of a build known as Staff Fu, doing great damage but more fragile than its 1H counterpart.


Comes with Martial Skills.

Chiefly impacted by AGI which increases damage, drastically increase attack speed and dodge. DEX increases their attack speed, attack and accuracy. VIT increases both HP and DEF, which alongside Martial Skills that interrupt or stun opponents, make them valuable for taking down powerful bosses. (However, VIT does not increase MDEF, leaving them very vulnerable to magic attacks.)

Knuckles can equip various subweapons just like 1-Handed swords listed above.


Comes with Shot Skills. Impacted by DEX and STR, with DEX being the main stat. Bow users can only equip arrows as their subweapon, but arrows are unique in that their stability, attack and stats will apply directly to the user's stat. Bow and arrow combo give very high stability, so damage of both auto attack and skill are very stable.

Bow is the weapon with the longest attack range available in game, so bow user can attack from outside of some of the largest AOE attack. Shooting animation of bow is also faster than bowgun, that combined with high stability and range advantage make auto attack very reliable to regain MP and do decent damage at the same time.

DEX is the most important stat and give the most damage to bow. STR gives a little ATK, but also increases critical damage, thus can be considered for more damage after DEX is maxed. Bow gives less ATK per DEX than bowgun, but have better stability and increased chance of status effects.

Bow users can use every shooting skill with full effect and no damage penalty. Bow also benefit the most from long range passive skill, which give more damage shooting from further than 8m.


This part is incomplete. Please help us write this section!

Halberds are the newest main weapon in the game. Chiefly affected by STR, which is conveniently also the stat that increases critical damage. Accuracy and speed is increased by DEX. Halberd users can only equip daggers as their subweapon. They deal great damage with a better range than 1H swords, but are very inaccurate at the start.

Other Weapons

Other weapons can be discovered later on in the game.

2-Handed Swords

Referred to as '2H' in-game.

Like Halberds, 2-handed swords attack is increased by STR, the same stat which increases your damage when dealing a critical hit. Cannot have a subweapon equipped.

This part is incomplete. Please help us write this section!

Magic Devices

Referred to as 'devs' or 'MD' in-game.

Chiefly uses INT for spell damage and AGI for their basic attack damage and attack speed, magic devices are the 2H version of the staff, as you cannot have a subweapon equipped. Magic Devices look like backpacks that equip on a character that grow wings and grants flight when fighting an enemy. (This flight is not very far from the ground and does not affect gameplay.)

Attacks are made by "pulling out" one of the magical wings' feathers and throwing it (the range is not as far as Bows or Bowguns, though). Magic attacks' spell damage are not as strong as that from staves, but attacks that damage an area will affect a larger area, such as Magic Wall and Magic Storm.

Magic Device users are highly sought after, for their efficiency in killing large numbers of weak monsters, great for "farming" materials to earn money, upgrade land or gather quest materials. Many farming parties prefer or only include magic-using players. (Note that finishing sidequests is the fastest way to level up without spending money.)


Bowguns (a category which covers both crossbows and guns) are similar to bows, but can equip all available subweapons, and do much more damage with their base attacks and skills. (It is also worth noting that Power Shot is much faster with a bowgun equipped.) However, the status effect offered by the Shot Skill Tree are greatly reduced and arrows do not add to their damage, only the stability stat will affect them.

This part is incomplete. Please help us write this section!


Some main weapons can be equipped as a subweapon for certain effects. However, their stats, attack nor their equipped crystals work.

  • Magic Devices can be equipped as a subweapon. The character will not fly nor have a ranged attack when auto attacking, though. However, using Magic Skills that hit an area (such as Magic: Wall or Magic: Storm) will have the magic device's larger area of effect, EXCEPT if a staff is equipped. MP Charge is also decreased as if a magic device is the main weapon. Attack is lowered by 15%, though.
  • Knuckles can be equipped as a subweapon. The character will not put them on, but will only keep them on their back, though. When using Martial Skills without knuckles equipped as a main weapon, ability effects only have 25% of the chance they affect as normal. Equipping knuckles as a subweapon increases this chance to 75%. However, Magic Attack is lowered by -15%.
  • Strangely enough, when using Martial Skills with a magic device, the chances of the ability effect is increased to 50%.

Specialty subweapons

Certain weapons can only be equipped as subweapons only.

  • Shields apply both their stats and defense (which increases both defense and magic defense), but affects attack speed by -50%. This penalty can be decreased by the skill Shield Mastery (under the skill tree Shield Skills) and also by the LUK stat. Shields are often equipped when defense is needed, such as when up against a strong boss.
  • Daggers do not apply their damage unless certain skills from the skill tree Dagger Skills are learned, but their special stats (including stability) do apply when used as anyone's subweapon. As shields are used for defense, daggers are often kept for offense.
  • Arrows affect all characters defense and magic defense by -25%. They do not influence any weapon's attack or stats except when used with a bow. For bowgun users, only their stability stat is added to their base stability. Otherwise, all they do is grant access to Shot Skills which are normally not available to those who do not have a bow or bowgun equipped.